Freshmen - Setting Sights on College!
Welcome to the Crosby Scholars High School Program!
Preparing for college starts now!
- Decisions you make in 9th grade matter
- Classes in which you enroll in 9th grade matter
- Grades you achieve in 9th grade matter!
As a Crosby Scholar, you have made the decision to prepare for college enrollment. We want to help you achieve this goal. Involve your family as your support system, and get to know your high school counselor.
Students interested in enrolling in the Program may apply online at the beginning of the school year.
Scholars who completed the Program in 8th grade are automatically enrolled in the Program freshman year at the high school they choose to attend.
The Crosby Scholars Academy offers students academic and personal development workshops on a variety of skill enhancement topics that support student achievement and college planning.
Freshmen and Sophomores are required to attend one Crosby Scholars Academy each school year. Academies are offered in-person, via zoom, self-paced from home, and at some schools via a "mini-academy" option at their high school. Students may also choose to attend a "Try-it-Tuesday" career exploration session in the summer as their academy. Scholars must register to attend an academy session through their Crosby Scholars student portal.
Students can select from a number of sessions that include:
- Personality Profile and Career Choice
- Tips to Land Your First J-O-B!
- Test Taking Tips!
- Hello, High School!
- Financial Literacy, "Money, Money, Money!"
- Communication: Verbal and Non-Verbal
- Hot Jobs/Disappearing Jobs! (Workforce Trends)
- Making the Most of your Summer
Parents please note by allowing your student(s) to attend the Crosby Scholars Academy, you are agreeing to the terms of the Parent Partnership Agreement located in your student’s portal. This agreement will remain in effect for the duration of your student’s participation in the program. Should you not agree with these terms, you are required to contact the Executive Director at email@example.com before allowing your student to attend the Crosby Scholars Academy. Once your student attends the Academy, the agreement is in effect until the student voluntarily withdraws from the program or does not fulfill a program requirement.
Crosby Scholars are required to complete two hours of community service every school year, although five are recommended.
Click here to access the form and learn how to turn it in.
Crosby Scholars at YOUR SCHOOL ("Mini-Academies")
Click here to visit the Crosby Club page on the website
Crosby Scholars is Happening at YOUR High School!
Meeting Dates and Topics:
Hello! We are excited to be offering Crosby Scholars mini-academies at our High Schools! Crosby Scholars has partnered with our local high schools and Crosby Scholars Student Officers to create a calendar for the school year that will bring Crosby college and career information right to you!
- Scholars should check their e-mail frequently for information about meeting dates, locations, and topics
- Crosby Officers at your school may also use the Remind App and Morning Announcments to let you know about upcoming meetings
- Meetings are held during the school day and last about 30 minutes
- In some cases where daytime meetings are not possible, meetings will be held after school
- Attendance at 2 or more meetings will count for your Academy for the school year!
- Many schools are also conducting at least 1 community service event on campus to help you complete your community service requirement for Crossby Scholars