Welcome to the Crosby Scholars High School Program.
Preparing for college starts now! The decisions you make, the classes you take, and the grades you earn do matter. As a Crosby Scholar, you have made the decision to prepare for college enrollment. We want to help you achieve this goal. Involve your family as your support system, and get to know your high school counselor.
Why Join Crosby Scholars?
The Program prepares students:
- for a post-secondary plan that fits with their goals, interests, and ambitions
What are Academies?
Academies are academic and personal enrichment workshops. Each school year, participants must attend one Crosby Academy. During their senior year, each student must attend two.
- team building
- study skills
- time management
- financial literacy
- workforce trends
- soft skills
- decision making
- career exploration
- test prep
- and many other topics that are age appropriate
Students are also required to:
- perform 2 hours of community service
- agree to remain drug free
- participate in random drug testing
- obey all school rules and regulations
Benefits available to students include:
- advisory services
- leadership opportunities
- college tours
- career and college exploration activities
- workshops (full list included under Academies)
- community service opportunities
- Students completing the Program in grades 10, 11, and 12 are eligible to apply for "Last Dollar Grants" for college. We also provide other scholarship opportunities for students enrolled in the Senior Program.
When can I join the High School Program?
- Students in 9th and 10th grade interested in enrolling must submit an application during our open enrollment period at the beginning of the school year (around August 15- early October). Click "apply now" on the homepage of the website. After Sophomore year, you cannot join the Program.
- Scholars who completed the Program in 8th grade are automatically enrolled in the Program freshman year but will need to update their portal by deleting their middle school and adding their new high school.
Crosby Scholars High School Newsletters