Welcome to the Crosby Scholars High School Program.
Preparing for college starts now! Decisions you make, classes you take, and grades you earn do matter. As a Crosby Scholar, you have made the decision to prepare for college enrollment. We want to help you achieve this goal. Involve your family as your support system, and get to know your high school counselor.
- Students in 9th and 10th grade interested in enrolling must submit an application during our open enrollment period at the beginning of the school year (see homepage of website).
- Scholars who completed the Program in 8th grade are automatically enrolled in the Program freshman year but will need to update their portal by deleting their middle school and adding their new high school.
How to Plan and Carry Out Community Service Projects
On June 13, we will offer a special academy for any high school student interested in improving leadership experience and skills. Representatives from JR Motorsports will lead the session and share experiences with fundraising for the Dale Jr. Foundation. Students will learn how to organize a fundraising project from beginning to end. If interested, students may become Junior Ambassadors with the foundation. If you are looking for a sophomore or senior project, this academy is for you!
Register through the student parent portal. Date: June 13; Location: Crosby Scholars Offices, 124 Fourth Crescent Place, Statesville; Time: 10:00 a.m. to noon.
This opportunity is for rising 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students. It can be used for job applications, National Honor Society applications, as well as college admission consideration. A letter of recommendation can be written on our students behalf based on their contributions to our program, leadership demonstrated and the execution of the following duties:
Available Leadership Positions:
Officer positions have been filled for the 2019-20 school year. Elections will take place again in the Spring of 2020 for the 2020-21 school year.
- Attend the Leadership Academy
- Help promote Crosby's Got Talent on August 17, 2019.
- Promote the goals and ideals of the Crosby Scholars Program.
- Maintain contact with the High School Program Coordinator and their assigned school Liaison through
- Work with other grade level officers to create a community service opportunity on your HS campus for all the Crosby Scholars at your school.
- Promote Crosby Scholar events on campus and social media.
- Assist with activities on campus – Open House, Orientation Nights, Curriculum Fairs and other campus
events throughout the school year.
- Maintain a campus bulletin board with current Crosby Scholar information.
- Coordinate group photo and pictures for the yearbook.
- Report activities to school newspaper and or for daily announcements
- Attend Grade Advisor Meetings for your grade level
- Senior President reads a statement and introduces students at the Senior Gala.
In order to run for office, students must meet the following criteria:
- Meet all Crosby Scholars Yearly Requirements – Community Service, Academy Attendance, etc.
- Attend a minimum of 2 out of 4 Grade Advisor Meetings- be in attendance at the last meeting when officers are
- Agree to attend the Leadership Academy
- Complete Google Nomination form by the due date in spring 2020