Welcome to high school and to the Crosby Scholars High School Program.
Preparing for college starts now! Decisions you make, classes you take, and grades you earn do matter. As a Crosby Scholar, you have made the decision to prepare for college enrollment. We want to help you achieve this goal. Involve your family as your support system, and get to know your high school counselor.
- Students in 9th and 10th grade interested in enrolling must submit an application during our open enrollment period at the beginning of the school year. (see homepage of website)
- Scholars who completed the Program in 8th grade are automatically enrolled in the program freshman year but will need to update their portal by deleting their middle school and adding their new high school.
This opportunity for rising 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students. It can be used for job applications, National Honor Society applications, as well as, college admission consideration. A letter of recommendation can be written on our students behalf based on their contributions to our program, leadership demonstrated
and the execution of the following duties:
Available Leadership Positions:
12 th Grade President – Current 11 th Graders can run for 12 th Grade President for 2019 – 2020.
11 th Grade Vice President - Current 10 th Graders can run for 11 th Grade VP for 2019 – 2020.
10 th Grade Vice President - Current 9 th Graders can run for 10 th Grade VP for 2019-2020.
- Attend the Leadership Academy designed for all Officers across Iredell County. May 18, 2019 10 am,
Goodwill Career Connections Center, 124 Fourth Crescent Place, Statesville, NC 28625.
- Promote the goals and ideals of the Crosby Scholars Program.
- Maintain contact with the High School Program Director and their assigned school Liaison through
- Work with other grade level officers to create a community service opportunity on your HS campus for
all the Crosby Scholars at your school.
- Promote Crosby Scholar events on campus and social media.
- Assist with activities on campus – Open House, Orientation Nights, Curriculum Fairs and other campus
events throughout the school year.
- Maintain a campus bulletin board with current Crosby Scholar information.
- Coordinate group photo and pictures for the yearbook.
- Report Activities to school newspaper and or for daily announcements
- Attend Grade Advisor Meetings for your grade level
- Senior President reads a statement and introduces students at the Senior Gala.
In order to run for office, student must meet the following criteria:
- Meet all Crosby Scholars Yearly Requirements – Community Service, Academy Attendance, etc.
- Attend 2 out of 4 Grade Advisor Meetings & be in attendance at the last meeting when officers are
- Agree to attend the Leadership Academy in May (see date above)
- Complete Google Nomination form by March 31, 2019