Crosby Scholars Officers 2019-2020
Congratulations to all of our newly elected Class Officers for the 2019-2020 School Year! Officers are the FACE of the Crosby Scholars Program at their schools. The Officers and their titles are posted in the link below. They can also be found in the Student Portal. If you are interested in running for office in the 2020-2021 School Year, be sure to attend Grade Advisor Meetings in the Spring of 2020.
Available Leadership Positions:
Sophomore Vice President
Junior Vice President
- Attending the Officer's Leadership Training/Academy
- Help promote Crosby events (i.e Crosby's Got Talent on August 17)
- Promote the goals and ideals of the Crosby Scholars Program
- Maintain contact with the High School Program Coordinator and their assigned school Liaison through email correspondence
- Work with other grade level Officers to create a community service opportunity on your HS campus for all the Crosby Scholars at your school
- Assist with activities on campus – Open House, Orientation Nights, Curriculum Fairs and other campus events throughout the school year
- Maintain a campus bulletin board with current Crosby Scholar information
- Coordinate group photo and pictures for the yearbook
- Report activities to school newspaper and or for daily announcements
- Attend Grade Advisor Meetings for your grade level
- Senior President reads a statement and introduces students at the Senior Gala
In order to run for office in the 2020-2021 school year, students must meet the following criteria:
- Meet all Crosby Scholars Yearly Requirements – Community Service, Academy Attendance, etc.
- Attend a minimum of 2 out of 5 Grade Advisor Meetings- be in attendance at the last meeting when Officers are elected
- Agree to attend the Officer's Leadership Training/Academy
- Complete Google Nomination form by the due date in spring 2020
Welcome to the Crosby Scholars High School Program.
Preparing for college starts now! The decisions you make, the classes you take, and the grades you earn do matter. As a Crosby Scholar, you have made the decision to prepare for college enrollment. We want to help you achieve this goal. Involve your family as your support system, and get to know your high school counselor.
Why Join Crosby Scholars?
The Program prepares students:
- for a post-secondary plan that fits with their goals, interests, and ambitions
What are Academies?
Academies are academic and personal enrichment workshops. Each school year, participants must attend one Crosby Academy. During their senior year, each student must attend two.
- team building
- study skills
- time management
- financial literacy
- workforce trends
- soft skills
- decision making
- career exploration
- test prep
- and many other topics that are age appropriate
Students are also required to:
- perform 2 hours of community service
- agree to remain drug free
- obey all school rules and regulations
Benefits available to students include:
- advisory services
- leadership opportunities
- college tours
- career and college exploration activities
- workshops (full list included under Academies)
- community service opportunities
- Students completing the Program in grades 10, 11, and 12 are eligible to apply for "Last Dollar Grants" for college. We also provide other scholarship opportunities for students enrolled in the Senior Program.
When can I join the High School Program?
- Students in 9th and 10th grade interested in enrolling must submit an application during our open enrollment period at the beginning of the school year (around August 15- early October). Click "apply now" on the homepage of the website. After Sophomore year, you cannot join the Program.
- Scholars who completed the Program in 8th grade are automatically enrolled in the Program freshman year but will need to update their portal by deleting their middle school and adding their new high school.