STUDENT COMMUNITY SERVICE
Grades 11 - 12: January 31, 2020
Grades 6 - 10: March 31, 2020
Crosby Scholars are required to complete two hours of community service, although five are recommended for high school students. Scholars must submit a form documenting their hours that includes a signature of the person in charge of the service activity by the deadline noted above. Where to find a form: in your student portal, scroll to the bottom where it says "Resources". There is a form available to download in that section. Your school counselor may also be able to get a form for you.
The form can be submitted various ways:
- upload the form to the My Documents page (drop down of My Crosby page) of your Crosby Scholars student portal
- take a picture of the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax it to 704.873.4891
- send via US mail
- drop it off at the Crosby Scholars office
- turn it in to your school counseling office
Scholars who completed the Crosby Scholars Program during the previous school year may count hours volunteered after the previous year's deadline, including summer volunteer hours, toward the following school year's requirement.
Community service is ideally performed with a non-profit agency or be an activity that benefits a non-profit agency. The volunteer commitment can be fulfilled through scouts, school clubs, civic organizations, and/or certain church activities. While membership in a club or organization does not count as service, volunteering in the community in a club-sponsored activity does. For example, being a member of a youth choir doesn't count, but singing at a nursing home with the choir qualifies as service hours. If you have questions about whether your community service idea meets the requirement for the Program, please contact Crosby Scholars at 704.873.5005. Crosby Scholars Program staff reserves the right to determine if a community service activity fulfills our requirement.
Community Service Opportunities
The following service opportunities are submitted by local agencies and organizations. They are options only and certainly not the only community service activities available to Crosby Scholars.
- Check your portal!
- Lake Norman/Iredell Volunteers
- Boys & Girls Club~NEW!
- American Red Cross
- Iredell Public Libraries
- HealthReach Community Clinic Needs Volunteers!
- Hospice & Pallative Care of Iredell County~NEW
- Iredell County Museums
- Iredell Co. Partnership for Young Children
- Iredell Teen Court Program
- Salvation Army
- South Iredell Senior Center
- V-Point Ruritan Club Breakfast
- Yokefellow Ministry