Links to FAFSA Toolkit Resources
Resources for Reference and Outreach
Below you'll find resources about the FAFSA changes.
- FAFSA® Changes Overview fact sheet:* Highlights key information you need to know to help prepare students and parents for the changes to the FAFSA form and process.
- 2024–25 FAFSA® Form Preview Presentation:* Provides screenshots of the online FAFSA form, which you can use as you create your own presentations for students and families.
- Summary of Early Changes for 2023–24 fact sheet:* Details the phased implementation of the FAFSA changes, including changes that were implemented for the 2023–24 award year.
- Students With Unusual Circumstances fact sheet: Explains what unusual circumstances are, what changed on the FAFSA form, and what happens after the student applies for aid.
- "5 Things College Access Professionals Should Know" webpage: Includes key details about the FAFSA changes to help you guide students through the FAFSA process.
- "Expected Family Contribution (EFC) to Student Aid Index (SAI)" webpage: Discusses the change to SAI and explores how this change and the separate eligibility determination criteria for Federal Pell Grants may expand access to federal student aid.
- "FAFSA® Changes FAQs" webpage: Provides answers to frequently asked questions to help you understand the FAFSA changes.
- Better FAFSA® Better Future infographic:* Includes information about the FAFSA changes and impacts in a graphic format that can be shared with additional audiences.
- Better FAFSA® Better Future Overview video: Highlights how the FAFSA changes will benefit applicants.
- 2024–25 FAFSA® Changes sample email: Offers updates about the upcoming FAFSA changes and ways students and families can stay informed.
- 2024–25 FAFSA® Prototype: Helps counselors and mentors gain a deeper understanding of the 2024–25 FAFSA user experience ahead of the form's release.
Financial Aid FAFSA Instructions