Grade Advisor Program
In the spring semester, Grade Level meetings are held at each high school. A volunteer advisor meets with students four or five times during lunch time or after school, depending on what the school's schedule allows.
Grade Advisors share positive personal, social, and educational experiences with their scholars. They help Crosby Scholars achieve their post-secondary goals by leading discussions on grade-appropriate topics focused on the college admissions process. The topics build a foundation of knowledge that prepares the scholar for the Senior Program. Meetings typically include a short activity with time for questions and discussion.
Grade Advisor meetings are group meetings and therefore are not rescheduled unless school is closed or after school activities are cancelled by the school.
- Scholars are required to register through their student portal to attend meetings #1 and #4 only. Online registration is not required to attend meetings #2, #3.
- Meetings are held at school and last approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Attendance is taken at each meeting and is recorded in our office.
- To be excused from a meeting, a scholar will need the advisor or Crosby Scholars staff before the meeting that he/she cannot attend the meeting.
- Meeting dates are posted in the student portals, but may be rescheduled due to pep rally schedules, weather events, etc.
- Attendance is not mandatory, but strongly encouraged.