Realizing that college preparation must begin early, program staff assigns all high school scholars in grades 9 through 11 to a Crosby Scholars Grade Advisor. The Grade Advisor Program was established to offer each underclassman Crosby Scholar the opportunity to meet with an advisor during the spring semester of each school year.
- Grade Advisor meetings are group meetings and therefore are not usually rescheduled.
- Topics discussed at Grade Advisor meetings prepare scholars for the college admissions process.
- Meetings typically begin in January (for sophomores and freshmen) with a kick-off meeting and are held monthly. In May, (for sophomores and freshmen) the Grade Advisor Program ends with an End-of-Year reception.
- Meetings are held during or after school, at school, and last approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Attendance is taken at each meeting and is recorded in our office.
- Meeting dates are posted and announced at the high schools in addition to being emailed to scholars. Meeting dates are also posted on the homepage of this website under Registration and Announcements. Information is also found in the student portal.
- Scholars can check the Crosby board at their high school and listen to or read the announcements for meeting information.